Ultimate Crab Cakes
We combined lump crab meat with Swiss cheese, red bell pepper, mayo and Dijon mustard for pub-worthy crab cakes that can be ready in just 35 minutes.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large bowl, mix egg, bell pepper, green onions, parsley, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning and mustard. Gently stir in crab meat and Swiss cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Shape into 8 patties.
- Dip both sides of each crab cake into bread crumbs, pressing crumbs into cake with hands to completely cover; place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate about 20 minutes to firm up crab cakes.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook until golden brown on both sides, being very careful when flipping so patties do not fall apart. Serve warm with tartar sauce.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium green onions, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (from 6-oz container)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ lemon pepper panko crispy bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Tartar sauce