Chick Pea and Tomato Curry
Enjoy this curry made with Progresso® chick peas and Muir Glen® organic tomatoes – a delicious dinner ready in 30 minutes.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 6 Recipe Yield
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, gingerroot and curry powder; cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in chick peas and tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and salt.
- Serve over rice. Top each serving with yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Progresso™ chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- Hot cooked rice, if desired
- Plain yogurt, if desired